If you’re in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, July 25, 2012, see if you can make it to Dirksen Senate Office Building Room SD-562 at 10 a.m. for a two-hour briefing on the “economic issues, and proposed policy solutions, facing vulnerable older people, notably Black elders; Hispanic elders; Asian and Pacific Islander elders; American Indian and Alaska Native elders; and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) elders.”
Expected speakers include:
- Michael Adams, Executive Director, Services & Advocacy for GLBT Elders
- David Affeldt, Association Nacional Pro Personas Mayores
- Randella Bluehouse, Executive Director, National Indian Council on Aging
- Dr. Yanira Cruz, President and CEO, National Hispanic Council on Aging
- Christine Takada, President and CEO, National Asian Pacific Center on Aging
- Doua Thor, Executive Director, Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- Daniel Wilson, Director of Policy and Program Development, National Caucus & Center on Black Aged, Inc.
The briefing will debut a new policy report, which GrayPrideParade will review soon. For more information on the briefing and/or to RSVP, contact Jason Coates at 202-347-9733 or jcoates (at) nhcoa.org.